What is WordPress caching?
Caching is the way of improving your website performance and for the best results you need the best caching plugins for your WordPress website.
Every webpage on your website when visited requires a request to the server and processing by that server including database queries.
Then a final result is sent from the server to that visiting user’s browser and the result is your website, complete with all of the files and elements.
For example, you might have a header, a menu, some videos, images and a blog. Since all of those requests are processed by the server, it will take some time for the complete webpage to get delivered to the user especially larger websites.
That’s where a WordPress caching plugin comes into play. Depending on the configuration, the server is instructed by the WordPress caching plugin to store some files to RAM or to the disk. So, it can remember and duplicate the same content it’s been serving in the past.
As a result, your website pages will load much faster and directly from cache. In short, caching reduces the amount of work required to generate a pageview.
Benefits of caching
Caching is very important and it makes your website more stable, more reliable and faster and being having a fast website is incredibly very important. To get the best results, you need the best caching plugins for WordPress.
Caching enhances the speed and performance of your website and also helps to reduce the load on your hosting server. Google takes page speed in consideration and it has already confirmed it.
So, a website that loads faster will get better page rank than the slower one.
Best Caching Plugins for WordPress
WP Rocket is the most user-friendly and one of the best caching plugins around with an extremely simple setup for all users. WP Rocket caching plugin has the power to make your site blazing fast.
When you activate WP Rocket, it immediately applies the most recommended performance optimizations. That means it takes care of them automatically so you don’t have to do anything to make your site faster.
You’ll see an improvement in loading time with just the default configuration.
what does wP rocket do
- WP Rocket is the most user-friendly and one of the best caching plugins for WordPress.
- This plugin has an extremely simple setup for all users.
- Database optimization is included with this plugin for cleaning up your WordPress database and removing the number of resources being used.
- WP Rocket is totally compatible and complementary with Cloudflare to speed up your website more.
- With WP Rocket you can lazyload your media. This means that the images will be loaded on your website only when the user scrolls over them.
- It will improve indexing of your website on search engines.
- You can preload cache and and also it provides support for object caching.
- Optimization of Google Fonts. This is a unique feature of WP Rocket.
WP Rocket Price
WP-Rocket plugin license costs only $49 for one website and you can set it up within minutes. You will get support and updates for one year.
$99 for three websites with one year of support and updates and if you want it for unlimited usage then it will cost you for $249 for unlimited websites with one year of updates and support.
WP Rocket don’t have any trial version, but they do have a 14 day refund policy if you are not satisfied with the results.
With millions of installations, WP-Optimize is available in both free and premium versions.
WP-Optimize is a simple and powerful tool which makes your website fast and efficient by compressing large images, caching site and cleaning database.
With minimal configuration, WP-Optimize has a lot of features and is very easy to use.
What does WP-Optimize do
- Keeps the page load low by optimising your images.
- Cleans up your database and tables and make it fast and clean.
- It enables you to compress PNG, JPG, GIF, BMP and TIF pictures which helps the page load much faster.
- Converts large images saved in your media library into compressed files with it’s lossy/lossless compression technique.
- Reduces the processing load on web server by loading posts and pages as static files which improves your sites speed and performance.
- Reduces site load time with it’s Gzip compression technique.
- Minifies CSS, JS and HTML.
- With premium version you get more features like lazy loading, advanced optimization options.
With 1.8M active installs, Comet Cache is another popular WordPress caching plugin initially launched in 2016. It has both paid and free versions.
Comet Cache is a must-use plugin for you if you’re running a membership site, eCommerce site, or any other site that require users to register.
what does comet cache do
- Comet Cache offers a perfect blend of speed, simplicity, and reliability and you can set it up in just a few clicks.
- To speed up your website caching can be done on posts, pages, categories, or tags.
- Monitors Posts, Custom Post Types, Pages, Links, Categories, Tags, Users, Themes, for changes and clears only the appropriate cache files.
- It also clears RSS, RDF and ATOM feeds.
- You don’t need to upgrade to the paid version, because many features are given for free.
- Paid version has the ability to combine both local & external JS/CSS resources automatically into a compressed cache file.
- It shows you cache statistics just to help you gain insight into the status of your site cache .
Comet Cache Price
Comet Cache Plugin has both paid and free versions. The paid version starts at $39 for single site with lifetime updates and three years support.
For $99 it offers license for 3 sites with lifetime updates and three years support.
For unlimited sites it costs for $139 with lifetime updates and three years support.
If you are looking to start a new online e-commerce shop, check out the best ecommerce themes for wordpress.
What does cache enabler do
- Simple userface and easy to configure with fast disk cache engine.
- Lets you clear cache from the admin bar manually or from plugin settings page.
- Lets you serve WebP images.
- You can enable automatic clearing of cache option if a new comment is posted.
- From the WordPress admin bar you can clear the cache of a specific URL directly by clicking “Clear URL Cache.”
- With Autoptimize plugin you can include extra features like injecting CSS into the page head.
WP Super Cache plugin run by Automattic has millions of installations and is yet another example of an open-source caching plugin.
The WP Super Cache plugin helps you optimize your database by generating static HTML files from your dynamic WordPress blog and serves those files to the visitors instead of the heavy WordPress PHP scripts on your site.
WP Super Cache offers three caching modes:
1. Simple Mode: It is the most recommended mode and most of the users go with this mode because you don’t have to to edit PHP files and is low risky.
2. Expert Mode: With this mode you can super cache your files because you are able to modify your .htaccess files.
3. WP Super Caching: A flexible caching method used to cache pages for known users, URLs with parameters and feeds.
What does WP super cache do
- WP Super Cache is free and an open-source caching plugin from Automattic.
- WP Super Cache plugin takes only 5 minutes to set up and is very easy.
- Regardless of size, it provides an excellent caching service for all of your websites.
- Three caching modes: Simple, Expert and WP Super Caching.
- For better distribution of your files this plugin has been integrated with a unique CDN setup.
- It clears out old files from the cache using a process called Garbage Collection.
Check out WP Super Cache Plugin settings and configuration guide by ShoutMeLoud.
W3 Total Cache is one of the most popular and best caching plugins in the WordPress plugin library which keeps your website fast and highly optimised. W3 Total Cache is yet another example of open source plugin and is free with millions of installations.
You’ll see W3 Total Cache and WP Super Cache on the top of the list most of the time when you search for the best caching plugins.
It works well for regular desktop sites as well as for mobile friendly sites and also offers content delivery network (CDN) integrations.
What does W3 total cache do
- Keeps your website fast and highly optimised and is completely free.
- It is compatible with all hosting options such as shared hosting, virtual private/dedicated servers and clusters.
- Support for Accelerated Mobile Pages(AMP) and Secure Socket Layer(SSL).
- Content Delivery Network (CDN) works with your media library, theme files and WordPress.
- Minification of posts, pages, RSS feeds provided.
- Minification of CSS, JS and HTML provided with granular control.
- Caching is provided for pages, posts, CSS, JS in CDN, in memory or disk.
- Caching of database, objects, fragments in memory or disk.
- Minifying HTML, CSS and JS files will save upto 80% of bandwidth.
Available in both free and premium versions WP Fastest Cache is one of the easiest and best caching plugins available in WordPress plugins repository.
With fewer configuration settings for caching, it helps in generating static HTML files from your dynamic WordPress blog and speeds up page load time.
This plugin minifies HTML and CSS files to reduce the size of files and also allows you to disable emojis on your site.
What does WP fastest cache do
- Mod_Rewrite method is used in this plugin, which is the fastest method.
- SSL, CDN and Cloudfare support.
- Automatically creates cache of all site with the Preload cache feature.
- You can enable or disable cache for mobile devices and logged-in users.
- From the options page all minified CSS, JS files and all cached files can be deleted by the admin.
- With shortcode you can block cache for specific page or post.
- In the premium version there are other feature like combine CSS, combine JS and disable emoji.
WP Fastest Cache price:
WP Fastest Cache is available in both free and premium version. Premium version has below packages:
Bronze: $49.99 for single license
Silver: $125 for 3 licenses
Gold: $175 for 5 licenses
You can use it forever with one time payment and if you are not satisfied with the results you can get the refund within 30 days.
Choosing the rigth wordpress caching plugin
There is no need to search for any best caching plugins for WordPress if you are on a managed WordPress hosting. However, cache plugins are required if you are working with a shared host.
Choose either WP Super Cache or W3 Total Cache if you are searching for free best caching plugins for WordPress. Both of them does a pretty good job with over million installations and are constantly being updated.
If you are looking for premium best caching plugins, choose WP Rocket. It is the best premium WordPress caching plugin with minimal configuration with tremendous support.
Hope this article will help you to choose a right cache plugin from the above list of best caching plugins for your website. Thanks!
If you want to instantly improve your website’s SEO, take a look at 10 SEMrush tools and features that can instantly improve your SEO.